Sunday, September 10, 2006

Back in Berlin!

Hello All, here's my new blog (under my own name for once) to give you updates on my life, etc. but I thought I'd just start it to share my Norway experiences. I wrote alot in my journal, so I thought I'd share excerpts from it, since being in Norway was one of the coolest working holidays I could imagine.


Before I begin, the short of it is that I worked there with 3 Poles. Good guys. We drove 2500km to our destination north of the Arctic circle. Along the way we camped out in tents and cooked on a gas stove. Then we began working, and didn't stop for 25 days! We worked 25 consecutive days at 12 hours (or more) per day. Wow. I got a sweet tan and lost 5kg (I'm working in kilos now... the Euros use metric... 2.2lbs/kg). Came back with lots of money and a free computer (with Norwegian Windows 98 on it...)

Also boycotted shaving for the month to see what sort of beard I can grow. You'll see the photos of that eventually, but until then, here's the fun you can have during the shaving process. I think I'll keep the Pornstar-stache (or is that Portuguese grandfather 'stache) for another week or so...
















The "Patrick McGoohan meets Spinal Tap"
(Be seeing you, Peter)















The "Ron Burgundy"




















The Immigrant



I wonder when moustaches on young people will be socially acceptable again. Maybe not in my lifetime, or perhaps the next time I go outside.

'nuff bullshit. Look for updates. I think you can subscribe to this blog so that you get emailed everytime I update this.

S

7 comments:

Tom M. said...

Killer 'stache bro!

Looking forward to hearing more about Norway....

Du bist ein Berliner.

Donal Lafferty said...

Good use of facial hair. Have you thought of trying out for 118118 spokemans?

Anonymous said...

Bottom pic... You're borat!

Love the Patrick McGoohan!

Hope all is well... You have a myspace?

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that you made it back from the North safe and sound.

Look forward to reading more...

Cheers

Anonymous said...

Have you been having beers with Ali G?

Anonymous said...

Dude you are looking good!

Great call on the stash great call!

Let me know when you are in NYC

Anonymous said...

There hasn't been a finer 'tache since Thomas Magnum...