Friday, September 15, 2006

Anger Management

[Continued from Post: Forget the Utopian notions, just work and be happy.]


11 August

Now and again I reflect upon my last few years working at Electronic Arts. It resulted in poetry! hahah i write like a 6 year old but here goes:

Once I was scared
because of someone out for blood
I got so timid, so wasted
my fright drowning me like a flood

I watched a year go by
not feeling like myself
someone taking my lifeblood
a person no smarter than twelve

One day I woke up
looked the bloodsucker in the eye
realized it was just a mosquito;
just flick it or make it die

All those years, feeling freaked
blind to the world that’s real
full of insects with basic needs
full of bastards with selfish deeds

They make no difference,
A mosquito only makes you itch
That’s it;
So let him bite into you
and don’t you give a shit

Know that mosquitoes need you to live
Not the other way ‘round
If you be good and kind
don’t you worry, one day you’ll be found.

-------

No comments: