I thought I'd write this down before I forgot. Had one of those epic dreams last night, that are semi-coherent at least, and feel like a movie.
Somehow, a ski resort for young people turned into a sort of prison / mental institution. The whole dream played out at first like I was there for the first time, like I was a new prisoner there, meeting people, flirting with the cute, brainwashed female guards, etc. But as the dream went on, I learned that they were brainwashing all of us - some would be absorbed into the cult of the "rulers" there, and then those like me, who would refuse to take part in stupidity would be 'treated'. So they were screwing with my head through god knows what - hypnotic therapy, mental torture techniques, medication, etc. so that each day I was there, it would feel like I just arrived, and had no knowledge of what really went on there.
That was the psycho-thriller part of the plot. At some point, this dastardly plot began to unravel for me, and their treatments were less and less effective. I somehow managed to escape, thus beginning the massive chase scene. So now I'm high up in the snowy mountains with the equivalent of malicious alpine Mormons on my back (this sect/cult tried to portray a happy family image, but you knew they were brainwashed zombies more or less). They had almost caught up to me, when i took my chances and jumped off a cliff (well, a highly forested steep slope), and sort of slid down the mountain on the snow covered branches, thereby evading my pursuers unseen, and now in relative safety for the moment.
Then, as I had stopped sliding and felt understandably disoriented (wasn't seriously hurt, but of course, sliding through thick pine forestation isn't comfortable - though in a dream world it was really cool), I thought I found a shack of some old hermit and his dog, as i thought there was a dog right in front of me looking at me suspciously, ready to pounce though luckily he was tied off to a tree or something. Then I realized at this point I was half-awake, then fully awake, looking at the combination of my mobile phone and a t-shirt, strangely oriented on my bed looking like a dog. The mobile was the dog's snout.
Anyway, as luck would have it, I fell asleep and found myself in the same dream. I knew I could make it back to "safety", away from this strange sect, but it didn't sit well with me that they still existed, doing the same thing to others as they had done to me. And what about my justice? At that very moment, my good friend Wolfgang pulled up in his Porsche - you know, just cruising through the mountains in the Porsche - and we went for a coffee and I explained everything that happened.
"Servus. Stevie you have to take the fight back to them! You can't allow them to do that. Don't you want to end it forever?" and so on. Wolfi is always that guy on your shoulder who says there's no time to have any doubts, just get in there and set the motherfucker off! (I paraphrased a bit) Wolfi is also the guy who sent me down a black diamond ski run 2 hours after beginning to learn how to ski.
So, with a new sense of invincibility, I went back to the camp. The next bit's a blur and I can't really remember, but I basically told a lot of people off, called them sad individuals, then found "the leader". Well, he wasn't too pleased with me, as of course I was first one to ever disrupt the order he had laid down, and refused to be a part of his sect.
Then came the final showdown. We had a kitchen/dining room fight for what felt like 3 hours. Kitchen / Dining Room fight meaning it was all about big knives and basically anything you use to carve a roast. It was a long drawn out fight, but I kept winning new cuts, mainly slices and the odd stab wound, and he slowly yielded.
Sadly I woke up before I could have my cheesy 80's movie "final line" like, "if only I could carve mountains like that" or some bullshit. anti-climactic, I know. That's why I woke up feeling normal and ate a bowl of müsli and now I'm at work.
There are so many heroes in this world who sit at desks.
No comments:
Post a Comment