Monday, February 25, 2008

Muslims are turning into the Christians of 400 years ago

Will humankind never learn? Religion in general is just a way of keeping people dumb and no more enlightened. I mean, I could advocate religion if it would make people less petty, judgmental, or close-minded, but it seems the precise goal of religion, namely, to spread goodness is exactly what doesn't happen. Instead it becomes of a culture of obedience without thinking. At least, amongst fundamentalists of all religions. I hate how there are people out there who just want to be told what to do, and will so easily follow the established rules without question.

So now there have been foreign students from Saudi Arabia studying in Australia, requesting that lecture times could be altered to facilitate muslim prayer times:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,,23269447-2702,00.html?from=public_rss

which has to be one of the stupidest things one can request if one is already smart enough to make it into university. They don't like it, they should go home. I think I have developed this attitude since I've been living abroad. The whole point of going abroad is to not live like you do at home, or am I completely off base? I mean, don't travel if you want to be at home, that simple.

If I lived 400 years ago, and lived long enough to say "screw you Christians" I would have said it like today I say "screw you, Muslims". Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Muslims in a broadly sweeping American sense, but I have a hard time believing how violence is compatible with God. The Christians once thought so as well. So now it's the Muslims' turn. I wonder which religion will be the next on, 400 years from now. Hahah those dangerous, violent Buddhists!

No comments: