Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm moving

Wow. Tough decision, but I'm moving flats. I love my current flatmates, but I've been wanting a new experience of Berlin, since I mean, why not? don't know how long I'll be here, might as well experience as much as possible. Where I'm living now has been great, but I'm finding it's kinda far away from a lot of friends, and there aren't a whole lot of people around.

Now I'm moving into 'East Berlin' baby... stone's throw away from the old wall. Best thing ever is that I found a pretty cool place for €155 per month, which translates to about $230 CDN. Tell me that's not insanely cheap. Photos will follow eventually.

Funny, I got the place without having to speak a single word of English. I'm always blown away that after 4-5 months, a person can communicate reasonably well in a totally new language. And I'm not talking your standard 'Where's the bathroom?' german, I'm talking about a conversation.

It was simply a great day. To top it off, Liverpool beat Chelsea tonight, thereby knocking those bums outta the Champion's League!

1 comment:

travisjtodd said...

You scouser-loving bum!