Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sleeping in Sweatsuits

Starting to get to that time of year. COLD. For all of you who've never heard of something so archaic, we have in my flat something that's called 'Ofenheizung'. Which means 'stove heating'. Yes, I know most other developed western nations decided to get rid of this 50-100 years ago, but I suppose the German Democratic Republic (aka East Germany) found them such a quaint piece of heritage, that they were never really replaced in many old East german flats (let's be fair, west german too).

Point is, every day one has to make a fire and add coal to it, and that's how we stay warm in 2007. So, you basically wait as long as is bearable before you kick off the festivities. I slept in a track suit last night. That's all I'm trying to say here.

I know you're probably more shocked at the fact that I own a track suit than you are that we have a heating system that would impress the most luxurious of pioneers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know i am. ;)