Saturday, October 06, 2007

One week down... many years to go

Had my first week back at Uni. Wow, doing a Bachelor. I guess that means that I've just had a lot of fun and other types of learning lessons in the past 10 years, cuz from a certain point of view, I'm at the same point I was 10 years ago, except of course, I'm sexier now!

Anyway, I had a few worries before it all started that perhaps I just don't want to study at all. But actually, this first week was great. I had a much better impression this year than I did last year. Last year (studying chemical engineering), I just had a feeling from the very start of 'what the hell am I doing, actually?', where this year it was more like 'Hey, yeah that sounds kinda cool.' Best part is, I already know probably half of what we're about to learn, so that gives me a head start, leaving me space to get around the language. (Though that said, half of everything right now is in English.)

There's a couple of cool dudes in the course, and we found each other pretty quick. The course even has cute girls in it, if you can imagine that. That's the first time that ever happened when I studied (with the exception of Women's Studies, taken years ago... I've been doing my own personal research since then... results inconclusive, should probably keep collecting data)

Anyway, this semester I've got a mix of Media theory, Math, Programming, Principles of Interactive Media, and Computer systems, and some other stuff that I don't know what to call, other than 'Propaedeutikum'.

This whole life experiment I'm running lately, called "Follow your luck" seems to have some real value. I guess it's the best alternative to ambition and/or having clear life goals. Let's face it, you can plan all you want to, but too many things can screw those plans up. Better to go generally in some direction without planning out the finer details. They iron themselves out along the way.

Now I'm rambling.

Schönes Wochenende!
Steffan

No comments: