Tonight was ridiculous. My good friend and flatmate Ufuk asked me whether I felt like working in a club tonight, and so I thought it would be a good laugh and so I said yes.
I just got home. I spent the last 7 hours bartending in a Turkish club, with Turks speaking German. So I had to work in German, which was in itself a little daunting, but what's worse is then trying to understand the Turkish German accent, and what trumped all of that was that it was in a LOUD club, and so basically I couldn't hear or understand anything, yet I'm the bartender!
So, quite obviously so, my tips were non-existent, and my co-workers were doing a good job at not really showing how pissed off they were, not really any fault of my own except I just couldn't understand a freaking thing. I told people to point on the drinks list, but they wouldn't do that - they'd just repeat themselves. Meh.
Crazy night. Would I do it again? mmm, dunno. I think I'll come away with €60 for 7 hours of work, but 3 were the only difficult ones. I just hated not being able to get anything... worst moment was after opening so many cans of Red Bull my fingernail pulled back and I started bleeding everywhere. Next great moment was before I realized I was bleeding I went for a few lemons in the lemon bowl. In this moment I discovered the wound. Holy shit that hurts.
Regardless, it was kind of fun. Too bad I probably won't be asked back since I mean, I was basically functioning like a deaf person. Oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment