Thursday, August 09, 2007

Oh decisions decisions....

Well, interesting news. I got accepted to the University I applied to! There were only 2 spots for non-EU applicants, and so the lucky horseshoes stuffed up me arse basically came through again it would seem.

Now I have to decide whether I'll switch. I think I will. I spoke with the foreign department, and they said that I'm allowed to switch one time without a problem. (As a side note, that was the easiest encounter with 'German Administration' I've ever had. Thank God I can speak german now, making it possible to simply make a phone call...) So, the question is, if I study, this is it. Otherwise I'll have to marry and become a German. haha Herr Steffen von Connor.... On that topic, I started a new job this past week correcting technical manuals in a scientific company ( www.specs.de if anyone's interested; no reason to be) and they thought that Irish names work like German names, for example if you are Otto von Bismarck, they could equally call you Otto Bismarck. So, I arrive on my first day to find my computer details (email, username, etc) as Stephen Connor. Just doesn't sound right at all. I politely asked them to fix it.

Anyway, very interesting turn of events. I suppose I'll study Media computer science. I have to admit, I don't know what I want to do with myself in life. The thought of studying doesn't thrill me like it did last year, but perhaps my whole life I've been studying the wrong things and therefore have a bad opinion about studying/learning in a University.

OK. I'm off to Italy tomorrow for a weekend in the Alps, staying in a villa, swimming in the lake. Like I've said, my life's been pretty good over here indeed.

love
steve

No comments: