Friday, June 08, 2007

No more teachers, no more books....

I decided I can't study what I'm studying anymore. I stopped (as of today) going to University because it just brings me down, down, down. The topic matter sucks and I don't like the idea of where a career might lead. I really don't wanna optimize a chemical process plant, purify water, or be Homer Simpson.

So, I'm currently looking at other programs of study. Main point is, I don't wanna leave Berlin, so I'm looking at all the different schools here, and I think I might study Computer Science with an emphasis on Multimedia applications. Sadly this means I gotta start with a Bachelor's degree. But hey, that means if I see it through to a Master's, then I gotta be ready for 5-6 more years here. Crazy, but true.

I'm working on the application right now for the Fall term.

I'm listening to the Germans - every last one tells you that you should only do what makes you passionate. I wish I was told that earlier in life, but hey, can't lament the past forever. I'll just do this now and see what happens. Passion is another issue entirely. Haven't had passion for anything in a long time, but interests... yeah i guess so.

I'd rather be working and making money, cuz I mean, how long does one have to live on a shoestring? Not the worst in the world, but yeah ok, now I'm just rambling.

Write me if you're bored. I certainly have time to write back.

S/

No comments: