
Reflective moment
So, I'm writing this now in my flat in Berlin, exactly one month after I returned from Norway. I've basically been taking it easy all month, as money's gonna be tight during my studies, and although the idea of holidays to nearby countries has been tempting (I WILL and MUST do this while I'm over here), I was thinking that since my life has been a holiday since March, I should save my money, and think about the upcoming studies, etc.
I miss Norway. I actually enjoyed working as we did. Life was so straightforward and uncomplicated. I got into shape, something that was long overdue. I would have liked to worked I suppose for another month, but oh well. Perhaps next summer. I am just a bit reluctant, since such a wonderful precedent was set this year. Next year in Norway could be total hell. Then again, all jobs suck when you first start. Once you settle in, they're fine. Unless they're a shitty job (Electronic Arts), then this trend happens in reverse. You are lured with such fine perks and benefits, only to realize it's all laced with poison, and the perks exist to blind you from the shit that's getting flung around either at you, or behind your back. Be wary of job offers with big perks. Work for the small guy, and get in your contract a share of the company's success.
Anyway... I may keep bloggin at this address, or i may vanish into cyberspace under some assumed name. We'll see. But I'm glad this blog made it easy to share my experiences with you, and also without having to make your email inboxes explode with attachments.
Be well.
Steve
No comments:
Post a Comment