Thursday, October 14, 2010

Life update

Just an update to any of you who don't live in Berlin and still read this blog.  I admit to not being very present in the last year...

Things have been changing for the better around here!  I suppose the trip to Greece was the catalyst to just get me out of the crappy state I've been in.  Not to say it won't come back, but at least I've had a little respite in the past few weeks.

My ex-girlfriend remains a stubborn, bitchy cow, and still not able to see that for all the good times people have, there are also bad times that also come around.  We were happy for 1.5 years, and the first sign of crisis - boom.  Gone.  Second chances?  Nope.  What would Jesus do, Ms. Christian Ex-girlfriend?  "Well, I don't give a feck, son, because Jesus doesn't matter when you're a woman who's had her feelings hurt."  Apparently.

So that was the biggest change in recent times.  This paragraph above is the thing I'm coming to accept.  And no matter what one does to change, to fix, to make amends, there are simply people out there who don't have ears to listen, because their pigheadedness (the german word is great - dickköpfig... fat-headed) is blocking the sound from going into their head.

Along with these changes I thought I should continue shaking up my life, in the hope of creating a new chapter in Berlin.  I feel a little sad that it took so long to get over someone I loved so much, but then again, that's why it took so long.  It's a little embittering to know someone who told you the same, made you feel just as loved, went off and found a new boyfriend just 4 months after it all fell apart.

So this latest change was to change jobs.  As some of you know I've been working at the same company for the past 3 years, and they have financed my whole life here in Berlin basically.  So to change was a bit of a step, but I found the time to be right.  I had a colleague that just made me fester in my hatred for Germans.  So, don't want that.  I got an email at just the right time, asking if I wanted a new job.  Well, Halleluia!  So, turns out I'm making a bit more money now, and working for a company as an iPhone App developer, amongst other things.

I'll be working 20 hours a week, and apart from that I have the rest of my time to work on my Bachelor's thesis, which incredibly is me writing a game for the iPhone!  So, I have a lot of time around the house now, and well basically, I will have never had so much flexible time ever, and possibly never again.

So what I'm saying is, from a sick point of view, I'm really looking forward to the winter coming up because it's going to be me doing things I like to do.

On top of that, I've got my drumset and a chin-up bar, plenty of coffee, and well, all the things I need to be happy (love not included.)  Well, my wonderful friends love me, but you don't sleep with them, now do ya??!  :D

No comments: