Thursday, March 29, 2007

Shit.... Ich meinte, scheisse!

Tomorrow I have my German exam. It's all been building up to this but now I'm getting nervous because I think I played the role of the Hare in the fable "Tortoise and the Hare". The last few weeks, I've done very little in my German class in terms of homework thinking I'll be fine. But I haven't been practising too much, more advanced German which we need to do proper scientific texts, like the lovely one you may have tried to read below this post.

Furthermore we don't have access to a dictionary, which could prove to make or break me.

Man, I had so much time to solidify some stuff in my head and I wasted it. I meant to use this week for that, but after 5 months of learning, I'm about to collapse right before the finish line.

I still have this niggling feeling that everything will be ok, precisely the reason for my laziness. Why is it that without a fire under my ass, I just don't want to do anything but laugh and have fun??

But man, my German sucks. I mean, for 4 months it's good, but it actually sucks. At least I can chat with people now in German. That's pretty cool. It was worth it to stay here for this reason alone. I mean, almost everyday I bust out laughing because 4 months ago I couldn't speak a word of German, other than to piss in a beer and to order a toilet.

Wish me luck.
s

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

may you surf the luck plane and roll through the test on wheels of pure SLACK.